November is Diabetes Awareness MonthNovember 6, 2020
34.2 million Americans—just over 1 in 10—have diabetes. Diabetes affects many major organs, including the heart, blood vessels, nerves, eyes, feet, and kidneys.
As a multispecialty provider, Starling is proud to have specialists in all areas to help patients manage diabetes in order to live their healthiest lives. This includes:
- Endocrinology – evaluate, diagnose, and treat people with diabetes
- OB/GYN – help manage gestational diabetes in pregnancy
- Pediatrics – recognize warning signs in children
- Internal Medicine – help with management of this chronic disease
- Cardiology – manage cardiovascular risks
- Podiatry – assess and manage nerve damage in the feet
- Nephrology – manage effects of diabetes on kidneys
- Ophthalmology – assist in early detection and disease management
- Diabetes Education – provide ongoing training to help people manage this disease
We are here for you, and together we can manage your diabetic care every step of the way!