Watch for Winter Injuries!December 5, 2019
Snow, ice, and freezing temperatures can lead to dangerous slip and falls.
Here are some tips to stay safe this winter:
• Walk slowly and carefully. Wear boots or other slip-resistant footwear.
• Use special care when getting in and out of vehicles.
• Watch for slippery floors when you enter any building or home.
• Try to avoid carrying items or walking with your hands in your pockets.
• Watch out for black ice.
• Tap your foot on potentially slick areas to see if the areas are slippery.
• Walk as flat-footed as possible in very icy areas.
• Avoid uneven surfaces if possible. Avoid steps or curbs with ice on them.
• Remember: Ice and snow mean “take it slow!”
If you are hurt, our orthopaedic specialists can help. Call (860) 832-4666.