Thank you for your patience as we worked through some technical difficulties. Our phones are now working although there may still be intermittent issues. All offices are open with the exception of New Britain Neurology and Newington Family Medicine.
Watch for Winter Injuries!December 5, 2019
Snow, ice, and freezing temperatures can lead to dangerous slip and falls.
Here are some tips to stay safe this winter:
• Walk slowly and carefully. Wear boots or other slip-resistant footwear.
• Use special care when getting in and out of vehicles.
• Watch for slippery floors when you enter any building or home.
• Try to avoid carrying items or walking with your hands in your pockets.
• Watch out for black ice.
• Tap your foot on potentially slick areas to see if the areas are slippery.
• Walk as flat-footed as possible in very icy areas.
• Avoid uneven surfaces if possible. Avoid steps or curbs with ice on them.
• Remember: Ice and snow mean “take it slow!”
If you are hurt, our orthopaedic specialists can help. Call (860) 832-4666.