6 things you need to know about keeping your skin safe
Dermatologist Christopher Norwood, MD shares some surprising misconceptions about sunscreen. Learn how much to apply and tips for purchasing sun products.
What you need to know about keeping your skin safe.
1. Don’t under apply sunscreen! The appropriate amount is the size of a golf ball or shot glass
2. Apply sunscreen 10 minutes before heading outside, then reapply every two hours
3. The most effective sunscreen ingredients contain titanium or zinc
4. Look for the Skin Cancer Foundation’s seal of approval
5. The optimum level of protection is SPF 30
6. Consider sunblock clothing which provides protection levels of SPF 30 and SPF 50
To read more about Sun Safety & Skin Cancer Facts, click here >>
To read more about Starling Physicians Department of Dermatology, click here >>