Transitioning to a New Answering Service for the GH Branch
We are moving forward with our transition from Townline Answering Service (TAS) to Advance Communications Answering Service, for the GH Branch departments. The driving factors for making this transition are twofold:
- First, the GH branch experienced service and quality issues with the current service.
- Second, we continue to look for ways to align services across Starling.
After meeting the leadership at Advance Communications, a decision was made to pilot their services with all GH branch OB/GYN, IM, and Pediatric departments. Due to the success of the pilot, we are in the process of rolling out to all GH branch departments.
To date, the following departments are live with Advance Communications:
- OB/GYN – all 3 locations (New Britain, Newington and Plainville)
- Internal Medicine – all 5 locations (New Britain, Newington, Plainville, Southington and Cromwell)
- Pediatrics – all 3 locations (New Britain, Newington and Plainville)
- Integrative Pain Management
The remaining GH branch departments will transition to Advance Communications by the end of September. Once this occurs, the entire organization should see a financial benefit since the volume of additional departments brought Starling to a lower pricing tier, and we will save $10/month/department across the Starling entity.
Sending a big thank you to Karen Cookish for taking ownership for this project and working with the leadership at both Townline and Advance Communications on this successful transition.
For questions regarding when your department is making this change, please ask your practice manager. For questions regarding the project, please contact Deb Weber or Karen Cookish.