Starling-wide Allscripts Project Planning Begins
The planning process is now underway for rolling out Allscripts throughout Starling. We are in early, initial planning phases and will keep everyone up to date as we move forward on this significant and important project.
Over the past week, CMG has successfully implemented the recent, major upgrade release of the latest Allscripts version. In addition, I am happy to report that Dr. Neil Wasserman, Internal Medicine at Grove Hill, has been added to the implementation team as an EHR physician champion. An additional champion from Grove Hill will be added to the team over the next few weeks to join Dr. Merkatz and Dr. Curley from the CMG branch.
For the Grove Hill branch, please be advised that over the next six weeks, representatives from NPS will be contacting your Practice Managers to schedule onsite assessments of your offices’ IT hardware, network infrastructure, and configuration of your exam rooms. NPS will also install an exam room demonstration lab where you may view the EHR solutions available.
An exam room demonstration lab will be installed at 300 Kensington, IM2 where you will be able to interact with the three EHR solutions available for your selection. These will include a sit/swivel articulating arm kiosk with micro-form factor PC and monitor, a vertical sit/stand kiosk with micro-form factor PC and monitor (preferable for small exam rooms), and a laptop/tablet option to be carried from room to room.
Important milestones for your consideration:
- Installation of Exam Room Demo Lab by July 18, 2016
- Completion of hardware assessments in all Grove Hill branch offices by August 5, 2016
- Deadline to approve quotes for IT equipment replacements by August 19, 2016
- Deadline to pick Exam Room EHR solution by August 12, 2016
- Deadline to approve quotes for Exam Room EHR solution by August 26, 2016
- Installation of IT equipment replacements and EHR exam room solutions will be scheduled in a phased approach, in order of specialty transition to Allscripts Touchworks.
Should you have any questions regarding the information above, please contact Dr. Jarrod Post or Deb Weber at your convenience.