Maryanna Polukhin, MDContact Info
With Distinction - Kishinev State Medical Institute - M.D. Kishinev, Moldova, USSRResidency
University of Connecticut Primary Care Residency Program
Board Certified - American Board of Internal Medicine
Board Certified - American Board Integrative Medicine
Approved Consultant, American Society of Clinical Hypnosis
Dr. Polukhin has been a provider at the former Grove Hill Medical Centers since 1996. In addition to providing primary care, she provides integrative holistic medicine consultations and services in her Newington location. Medicare and commercial insurances are accepted.
- Consultations on complimentary/integrative medicine treatments and resources
- Stress reduction and coping techniques consultation and teaching (breath techniques, meditation, yoga, biofeedback, M-technique, etc.)
- Supplemental interventions for pain control
- Supplemental interventions for smoking, substance abuse problems
- Accu pressure – use of magnetic beads (NADA protocol) for stress, anxiety, addictions, and control
- Life style change consultations and resources.
Dr. Polukhin lives in West Hartford and is married with 2 children. She enjoys photography, reading, cooking, and ballroom dancing.
Studies show that over 50% of visits to doctors are related to stress. Integrative medicine combines traditional medicine with alternative therapies that can improve the well being of an individual, decrease stress, and result in positive health benefits.
Listen to Dr. Maryanna Polukhin, discuss how integrative medicine focuses on the care of the whole person – mind, body, and spirit. She shares how people can work with their physician to find the appropriate treatment options for them. Click below to view video.
Hear Dr. Polukhin discuss the benefits of hypnosis and how it is being used to effectively treat a wide range of medical conditions including chronic pain, stress, and the reduction of symptoms associated with radiation and chemotherapy.
The Hospital of Central Connecticut
Assistant Clinical Professor at UCONN Medical School
Assistant Clinical Professor at Quinnipiac Medical School
Integrative medicine, patient-centered care, medicine and age, clinical hypnosis, nutrition, cultural influences and health care.
AMA, Hartford County