Partnering with the Bone and Joint Institute to Facilitate Pre-operative Care
Starling has been working with the Bone and Joint Institute to formalize a workflow to facilitate the scheduling of our patients with a Starling IM physician for a pre-op before surgery. When a patient is scheduled for surgery, the Bone and Joint Institute will call ONE number to arrange a pre-op for our patients. Bonnie at extension 2008 will expedite getting the patient scheduled for their pre-op. The appointment will need to be within 21 days of surgery.
Below is the PCP PRE-OP testing which is required based on the new Anesthesia Guidelines. The information required will need to be sent back to the BJI 5 days before the patient’s surgery. Their fax number is 860-972-0918.
- CBC, urinalysis, EKG, Chem 7
- Obtain chem 10 for the following medical conditions:
Severe liver disease, cirrhosis, ETOH abuse, hx of gastric bypass
- Obtain PT/PTT/INR for the following medical conditions:
Severe liver disease, cirrhosis, ETOH abuse, anticoagulant use (Coumadin or heparin), bleeding disorder
- Obtain LFT’s:
For severe liver disease, cirrhosis, ETOH abuse
- Obtain Hemoglobin A1C on all diabetic patients
- MRSA Nasal Swab needed for any patient with a hospitalization or skilled nursing facility stay within the last 3 months or who works in a healthcare setting.
Please feel free to email Lori Vinci with any questions. More information will be sent to the Practice Managers.