Starling Breast Health: Medical & Surgical Treatment for Breast Cancer & Benign ConditionsSeptember 23, 2019
We are proud to provider comprehensive evaluation, care, and management for patients recently diagnosed with breast cancer or benign conditions. We place a strong emphasis on quality, timeliness, patient education, and integration of genetic testing, where appropriate. Our specialists across multiple departments focus on the totality of your breast health. This includes:
- Standards of care for surgical and medical management: aligned with national guidelines.
- Clarification and streamlining: of prior and future imaging for patients with a history of complex imaging results and/or breast density limitations.
- Evaluation and management: of all benign breast diseases including “risk lesions” such as atypical hyperplasia and lobular carcinoma in situ.
- Personalized surveillance/imaging/prevention strategy development: based on latest evidence and guidelines for women with heightened risk for breast cancer.
- Breast imaging: at designated Starling Physicians locations with capability of facilitated in-office immediate biopsies, in some cases occurring the same day as consultation with surgeon.
- Access to modern surgical techniques: including skin and nipple-sparing mastectomy, oncoplastic breast conservation, and reconstructive options such as implant-based and autologous techniques including DIEP flap reconstructions.
- Genetic counseling and testing: at Starling Physicians subspecialty clinic for patients and family members with suspected hereditary breast cancer risk.
- Management of identified hereditary risk (mutation carriers): to assist in navigating medical and surgical risk reduction.
- Chemotherapy infusion centers: staffed with oncology certified RNs, providing innovative care, such as scalp cooling, in addition to a full complement of ancillary services—patient navigation, nutrition, and social work.
Comprehensive Care from Starling Providers You Can Trust!