Spring into Action to Save a Life Starling’s 1st Annual Blood Drive & Bone Marrow DriveMarch 15, 2019
Give Blood at Our Upcoming Blood Drive:
- Connecticut is facing the worst blood supply shortage in years!
- Every day, blood donors help patients of all ages: accident and burn victims, heart surgery and organ transplant patients, and those battling cancer. In fact, every two seconds, someone in the U.S. needs blood
- Some of our patients are heavily reliant on frequent infusions of blood and platelets
- Giving blood is an easy and painless way to make a dramatic difference
- Takes under an hour and you can register in advance to save time
Tuesday, April 30th
1260 Silas Deane Highway, Wethersfield: Main Lobby
You must sign up for an appointment:
- Visit: https://www.redcrossblood.org/
- In the red box on the upper right side “find a blood drive” enter code starling.
- Choose the time slot you would like to donate between 8:00am and 12:45pm.
- You can also call the American Red Cross to schedule your appointment at 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767)
- Or, you can call the Starling Physician Blood Drive line: 860-721-5734 if you need help scheduling your appointment
Join the Bone Marrow Registry:
- Every three minutes someone is diagnosed with blood cancer and needs a bone marrow transplant to survive
- 70% of patients needing a marrow transplant do not have a fully matched donor in their family
- 14,000 patients per year whose only hope for a cure is a transplant from someone outside their family
- If you are between 18-44, you can join the bone marrow registry
- To register for the national registry, you can stop by our event, sign up to receive a free kit in the mail, and can then swab your cheek and mail back
You can sign up for registry the same time as the blood drive. No appointment needed. To save time or if you can’t attend, you can register online at: http://join.bethematch.org/Starling
Click here to learn more about giving blood or joining the bone marrow registry.