Thank you for your patience as we continue to work through technical difficulties. Our phones are now working although there may still be intermittent issues. All offices are open with the exception of New Britain Neurology.
Neurology is the branch of medicine that is concerned with the study and treatment of disorders of the nervous system, which includes the brain, spine, peripheral nerves, and arteries of the neck. It is a vast field that covers how our bodies move and how our minds and spinal cords operate.
At Starling Physicians, we treat a wide range of neurological disorders and conditions including:
- Neurodegenerative disorders, such as Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis.
- Stroke diagnosis, treatment, and prevention.
- Management of acute and chronic painful neurological conditions such as migraine, trigeminal neuralgia, neck and lower back pain.
- Management of multiple sclerosis to reduce risk of relapse and slow disease progression.
- Diagnosis and treatment of epilepsy.
- Diagnosis and management of dizziness and gait problems.
- In-office electrodiagnostic tests, such as EMG/Nerve Conduction, to identify the source of peripheral nerve damage.
- Botox injections for treatment of headaches, spasticity, and dystonia.
Starling Physicians is proud to have Dr. Alexander Komm recently join our team to head this department. He sees patients in New Britain and can be reached at 860-224-6263.
To learn more about neurological disorders and stroke, click here: http://www.ninds.nih.gov
300 Kensington Avenue, New Britain, CT, United States