Starling is pleased to now offer our patients access to select clinical trials that have the power to transform the lives of patients around the world. Benefits to patients who participate include:
- Receiving treatment for conditions that may not currently have therapeutic solutions.
- Access to medication that may not become available to patients for years or may be too costly at this point in time.
- Participation in screening studies that may change the face of cancer diagnosis in the future.
- Testing of blood, often free of charge.
- Compensation for participation.
- Playing a meaningful role in furthering medical knowledge and potentially life-saving measures.
We currently are accepting patients for two clinical trials and will be adding more trials over time. Based on specific criteria, your Starling provider will determine if you are a candidate for a trial. A member of our research team will then reach out to you to discuss what you could expect if you chose to participate.
Stand tall with SHIELD: a blood test to improve lung cancer screening
Cancer screening is an effective way to detect cancer early when it can most easily be treated. Unfortunately, many people today are not being screened in line with recommendations.
Guardant Health is addressing this shortcoming by developing LUNAR-2, a blood test that seeks to increase screening rates and overcome the challenges of current methods, all from a simple blood draw.
To accomplish these objectives, Guardant Health is leveraging data from the tens of thousands of cancer patients it has already tested, as well as collaborating with multiple investigators at cancer centers around the world.
We at Guardant Health believe a simple blood test can improve lung cancer screening by overcoming barriers associated with current methods, such as low-dose CT scans, while still being effective and more accessible.
To be considered for the study, participants must meet the following criteria:
- Have an increased risk of lung cancer, including having at least a 20-pack/year smoking history and currently smoke or have quit within the past 15 years
- Be between 50 and 80 years old
- Are undergoing or intend to undergo a low-dose CT scan of the chest for lung cancer screening
- Are willing to consent to the investigational blood draw during index low-dose CT scan screening visit and before any invasive procedures or treatment for lung cancer diagnosis
- Are willing to consent to a 1-year, 2-year, and additional follow-up per protocol
- Additional criteria may apply
Talk to your doctor today for more information on the Guardant LUNAR-2 test and the SHIELD study.
DELFI: a blood test to improve lung cancer screening
The goal of this study is to make screening easier and more accessible so people can live longer, cancer-free lives. This study will help determine the ability of a simple blood-based screening technology to detect lung cancer accurately and reliably. In order to qualify, participants must:
- Be 50 years of age or older
- Have a current or previous smoking history of at least 20 pack-years
- Have a planned or scheduled lung cancer screening chest CT scan within 30 days of enrollment in the study
- Have not been diagnosed with or treated for cancer in the past 2 years (other than non-melanoma skin cancer or carcinoma in situ)
Interested? Click Here to sign up or for information.
If you believe you are a candidate for a study, discuss with your Starling provider. Or, reach out to our Clinical Research Coordinator: Kristine Calabrese.
Clinical Research Coordinator
(860) 224-6266 x6616