Meditation with Muse
How It Works
Muse is an immersive meditation device that provides real-time feedback on your mental activity, heart rate, breathing, and body movements to help create a calm and serene state of mind.
- Muse entails use of a custom band that connects wirelessly to a dedicated iPad where the app is installed.
- You wear your own headphones, get comfortable in our relaxation room, and are guided through a relaxing 20 minute mediation.
- Muse translates your mental activity into the guiding sounds of weather to help you find focused calm. Busy mind? Stormy weather. Calm mind?Peaceful weather.
- Once you session is over, you can review your results and track your progress.
The data is anonymous and no identifying patient information is stored/sent outside. Our Muse device is sanitized after each session.
Enjoy the Many Benefits
The benefits of general relaxation and mediation exercises are well established.
- Reduce stress
- Improve overall well-being
- Facilitate decrease of substance and alcohol abuse
- Aid in procedure preparation
- Decrease use of medication
Muse Makes Meditation Easy
Real-time feedback guides you and keeps you motivated during your meditation practice. You don’t need to guess if you are doing it right.
Muse allows you to find serenity and stay focused. And, it allows you to review your data, set goals and build a rewarding meditation experience.
Low Cost/High Gain
There is a nominal charge per session of $20. This includes 20 minutes use of technology in our relaxation room. This cost is not covered by insurance, but may be covered by health spending plans.
Available to Anyone Who Is Looking for Relaxation
Use of Muse is available to any individual who can benefit from stress relief and relaxation. You do not need to be a Starling patient and there is no doctor visit or requirement to see one of our providers.
This is a service that we are offering to the community since we believe that mental and emotional well-being is as important as physical health.
Call (860) 666-5252 to schedule a Muse session
375 Willard Avenue, Newington