GUARDANT LUNAR-2 TEST
A Cancer Screening Test for Asymptomatic Individuals
Cancer screening is an effective way to detect cancer early when it can most easily be treated. Unfortunately, many people today are not being screened in line with recommendations.
Guardant Health is addressing this shortcoming by developing LUNAR-2, a blood test that seeks to increase screening rates and overcome the challenges of current methods, all from a simple blood draw.
To accomplish these objectives, Guardant Health is leveraging data from the tens of thousands of cancer patients it has already tested, as well as collaborating with multiple investigators at cancer centers around the world.
LUNAR-2’s first clinical study is in colorectal cancer (CRC), where today 1 in 3 adults are not getting the recommended screening.
Guardant Health believes a simple blood test can improve these rates by overcoming the barriers associated with available methods, including colonoscopy and stool-based testing, which while effective are time-consuming and invasive-resulting in screening rates below the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s goal of 80%.
- Patients referred for colonoscopy because of positive findings in FIT, FOBT, Cologuard, or Epi proColon, or diagnosed with colon cancer without the start of treatment
- Patients that have an abnormal Low Dose CT of the chest, or diagnosed with lung cancer without the start of treatment
- Patients that had suspicious screening mammograms, or diagnosed with breast cancer without the start of treatment
- Be between 45 and 84 years old
- Provide blood samples at enrollment
- Provide written informed consent
- Additional criteria may apply
- Be less than 45 years old
- Be pregnant at the time of blood collection
- Have had an allogeneic organ or tissue transplant
- Are currently taking anti-neoplastic or disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs
- Have had a major physical trauma (i.e. disruption of tissue, surgery, organ transplant, blood product transfusion) less than 30 days prior to informed consent
- Are undergoing testing for symptoms
About Guardant Health
This study is offered through Guardant Health – a leading precision oncology company dedicated to helping to conquer cancer throughout proprietary blood tests, vast data set, and advanced analytics.
To Learn More
To learn more about participating as a Starling patient, please contact:
Clinical Research Coordinator
(860) 224-6266 x6616