January 30th Update on Technical IssuesJanuary 30, 2020
Starling was impacted by an email phishing attack that caused significant disruption to our business systems and daily operations. We are pleased to report that we have made tremendous progress addressing these technical issues:
- All our offices are open.
- Phones are working, although you may still encounter intermittent difficulties getting through to some offices.
- Staff should be able to reschedule appointments that were canceled due to technical limitations.
- We can now access our patient information on electronic health records (EHR), including medical history, allergies, vitals, and problems.
- We can clear patients for surgery. Call your primary care provider, who can assist you.
- If you need a referral from your insurance provider, we can provide that for you.
- Our labs are operational.
- We are offering limited radiology screenings at this time but cannot yet provide results on current or prior studies. We will regain access to these reports once all systems are up and running.
- We can assist you with authorizations for testing.
- We can refill prescriptions, although in some circumstances it may take longer than normal.
Starling Physicians takes the privacy and security of its systems and patient data very seriously. As soon as we learned about the technical issues, we began working with external professionals to assist in our investigation, which is ongoing. We have no indication at this time that records in the EHR have been viewed or acquired.
Our Customer Service Department is back up and fully functional. Please contact us if you would like to make a payment on your account or if you have questions regarding previous payments. We would also be happy to help with any insurance or billing related questions. Customer Service can be reached at: (860) 258-3470, option 1. Please direct all other questions or concerns to your doctor’s office directly.