Kathleen Abbott, MD
(860) 749-3045Glastonbury – 289 Western
(860) 749-3045New Britain – Lake Street
Physiatry/Physical Medicine & RehabilitationPhysiciansLocations
Physiatry, also called physical medicine and rehabilitation, is a branch of medicine that aims to enhance and restore functional ability and quality of life to those with physical impairments, pain, or disabilities.
Physiatrists specialize in a wide variety of treatments for the musculoskeletal system which includes muscles, bones, nerves, ligaments, tendons, and other structures.
We diagnose and treat both acute pain and chronic pain and provide non-surgical treatments for patients suffering from:
- Lower back pain
- Neck pain
- Neurological disorders, including stroke
- Traumatic brain injury
- Accidents – work-related or motor vehicle
At Starling Physicians, our board-certified physiatrist works to help patients achieve optimal function, even if the impairment is caused by a condition that cannot be reversed. Our goal is to help patients become as functional and pain-free as possible, with a non-opioid approach.
Available Services Include:
- Fluoroscopy-guided spinal injections
- Electrodiagnostic testing (EMG, nerve conduction)
- Trigger point injections and joint injections
- Musculoskeletal evaluation
- Order of appropriate imaging studies, as needed (MRI, X-ray)
- Partner with physical therapy and chiropractic services to maximize function
This December, we are pleased to have one of Connecticut’s leading physiatrists, Dr. Kathleen Abbott, join the Starling team. She will see patients in Enfield and Glastonbury.
To schedule an appointment, please call (860) 749-3045.