Preparing for Your Colonoscopy
On the Day of Your Colonoscopy
Please arrive at your scheduled day and time to:
Central CT Endoscopy Center 440 New Britain Avenue
Plainville, CT 06062
Make sure someone is available to pick you up.
No solid food starting the day before the procedure.
It is important that you bring any prescription medications that you are taking in their original containers.
- Do not take high dose aspirin or aspirin containing products for seven (7) days before your procedure.
- Stop iron, vitamin E, and fish oil (7) days before your procedure (also found in multivitamins).
- Stop ibuprophen or Alleve one (1) day before procedure.
- Please call the office if you take any anticoagulants or antiplatelets (Coumadin, Persantine, Pradaxa, Aggrenox, Plavix, Eliquis Xeralto, etc.) to find out when these should be stopped.
- Please leave alljewelry & valuables at home.
- If you have any questions or are unable to keep your scheduled appointment, please call (860) 224-6249.
- Cancellations must be made as soon as possible. 48 to 72 hour notice is required.
We should have the results of the colonoscopy approximately seven working days after your procedure. We will contact you with the results.