The Staring Infusion Center is a state-of–the-art outpatient facility that provides a warm and caring environment for patients to receive intravenous therapies and injections under the supervision of our highly trained staff. We are one of the only independently run, self-standing infusion centers in Connecticut. We place extraordinary emphasis on safety, experience, convenience, and comfort.
We have 3 infusion centers for your convenience.
- Our primary 24-chair infusion center is located in Wethersfield, CT and is open Monday through Friday from 8–5.
- We operate a 5-chair infusion center in Enfield that is open Tuesday- Thursday from 8–5.
- We operate a 9 chair infusion center in New Britain that is open 8:30–5.
For our oncology patients, we provide chemotherapy, as well as treatment for anemia and dehydration. We also work closely with multiple medical specialties to provide infusion and injection services for patients receiving treatments for diseases and conditions including but not limited to:
- Crohn’s disease
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Iron deficiency
- Multiple sclerosis
Safety is Our #1 Priority
We utilize the most advanced technology and protocols to ensure the highest levels of safety:
- We are proud to be one of the only patient infusion centers in the state with a specialized mixing room where the environment is strictly controlled to meet the maximum safety standards.
- Our 797-compliant facility minimizes risk of bacteria or contamination and ensures that medication preparation is sterile, accurate, and timely.
- Our facility and safety procedures help ensure that our patients and providers are not exposed to chemotherapy agents while they are being prepared for usage.
- Our infusions are delivered by pumps, as opposed to intravenous drips. This ensures the precise administration of medication.
- We have onsite emergency medication and equipment available if needed.
- There is always a doctor on site.
An Experienced and Caring Team
Part of what makes the Starling Infusion Center unique is our incredibly dedicated, compassionate, and expertly trained team. You will have a dedicated oncology nurse throughout your experience, as well as a nurse practitioner, your doctor, medical assistants, and our staff and support team.
- We have an exceptional team of board certified oncologists that are consistently recognized for excellence.
- All of our oncology nurses have biotherapy and chemotherapy certification.
- The majority of our nurses have extensive experience in the oncology field.
- We have 3 nurse practitioners with specialty certification as Advanced OncologyCertified Nurse Practitioners.
- We have a support team to help our patients through the process. This includes:
- A nurse navigator to help patients navigate the healthcare system, solve problems, coordinate care with other doctors, and schedule tests and procedures.
- A social worker who can provide support, arrange transportation, and attempt to secure funds to assist with cost of care.
- A dedicated staff that helps find grants to help patients with large co-pays or deductibles.
We work as a team to make the infusion process a positive experience. We truly care about our patients and treat them as if they were family. A member of our team is always available for our patients. Our nurse triage line is available Monday – Friday from 8-5 and we offer 24 on call physician coverage 7 days a week.
We Make It Convenient for You
We know our patients value convenience. Unlike hospital affiliated infusion centers, we get you in quickly and ensure that your infusion is done as efficiently as possible. We offer a wide range of services to make our center accessible and convenient for you:
- Free onsite parking with easy access to our facility.
- Onsite laboratory services with expedited turnaround.
- An onsite dispensary that will fill and hand deliver prescriptions to you while you receive your infusion.
- Efficient service for patients needing only injections.
- Radiology services available at our Wethersfield location.
- A front desk team that works around your schedule to accommodate your employment and family needs, as well as get you in quickly when you are feeling sick.
We Want You to Be Comfortable
Since infusion therapy can sometimes take several hours, our facility is designed for optimal patient comfort.
- Each of our 24 infusion chairs is situated in a comfortable area, with window seating available, and wood sliders which offer privacy.
- We offer large, soft, and comfortable recliners along with personal televisions and wireless Internet access.
- Each chair allows for privacy for the patient while allowing our centrally located nurses the opportunity for close monitoring and observation.
- A self-service pantry area is stocked with coffee, tea, juice, and light refreshments.
- Pillows, blankets, and reading materials are available upon request.
- There are many restaurants in the area if your guests would like to bring in meals during your treatment.
- There is a separate visitor and waiting area for registration, scheduling, and insurance authorization.
We know this can be a difficult time for our patients. We put your safety, convenience, and comfort first and our highly trained staff will go above and beyond to make it a better healthcare experience.