Benefits of Non-surgical Cosmetic Treatments
Dermal Filler and Toxin (Botox) procedures offer the following benefits:
- Quick and easy to perform
- Instant results
- No general anesthesia required
- Involve fewer risks than facial surgical procedures
- Can be performed at less than half the price of surgical cosmetic treatments
- Little to no downtime
- Temporary to no side effects
- Can be performed in clinical settings
- Little or no pain
These procedures are mainly aesthetic. If you have thin lips, crooked or bumpy nose, shallow facial contours, lines and wrinkles on your face, or broad chin, you can choose non-surgical aesthetic procedures. They do not produce permanent results, but can temporarily enhance facial appearance and may delay the signs of aging.
Types of Injectables and Fillers
- Botox and Xeomin: These toxins help relax your facial muscles to remove facial lines and wrinkles
- Belotero: A hyaluronic acid-based dermal filler which helps to give volume and rejuvenate skin
- Restylane: A hyaluronic acid-based filler used for non-surgical lip enhancement and treating moderate to severe facial lines and wrinkles.
- Juvederm: Another filler from the hyaluronic-acid based dermal fillers family, used for restoring facial volume and rejuvenation
- Radiesse: This dermal filler has a hydrogel (calcium hydroxylapatite) base and is used for facial volume restoration, which produces relatively longer-lasting results as compared to hyaluronic acid-based fillers.
These procedures can minimize signs of aging by smoothing out wrinkles, augmenting lips and cheeks, and reducing double chin. Dr. Andrew also performs skin resurfacing in which the outer layer of the skin may be removed with a laser (laser skin resurfacing), a liquid (chemical peel), or a spinning brush (dermabrasion) resulting in smoother and less wrinkled skin.