Providers of the MonthFebruary 15, 2022
We have recently welcomed a number of outstanding physicians to our practice. Don’t take our word for it – read what patients have to say:
Primary Care, Southington
- I was astounded at the level of care. Dr. Parvin’s attention to detail and thoroughness was a throwback to the days before managed care. Not only am I happy with her care, I feel lucky to have found such a provider.
- She pays attention to every individual problem and provides the solution. She will make you very comfortable during the whole time of your check-up.
- She listened to my concerns and is taking a cautious approach to my health needs. She is working with me to get all the necessary visits and tests completed to ensure my health.
- Parvin is very attentive, doesn’t rush you. She asks many questions and listens to you. She is thorough and seems very knowledgeable. She truly is polite, respectful, and treats people with kindness.
- I give Dr. Parvin 5 stars.
- Parvin was very good at explaining what I needed to do to get better.
- Everything went extremely well. Great communication between the doctor and myself.
- She spent 45 minutes getting to know me. I felt comfortable with her.
- Parvin is an excellent physician. She is knowledgeable and caring.
Podiatry, Enfield and Glastonbury
- I was very pleasantly surprised by the warm welcome I received at check-in. The young lady was so friendly and professional. Dr. Okonkwo was the best and so young! I loved my time with her. It was so educational and special. I learned so much in the short time we had together. I am looking forward to our next visit. Thank you all!
- Wonderfully caring compassionate doctor who takes time to listen to her patients. Explains things clearly and calms fears. I’m so glad I found her.
- I’m very happy to have a new podiatrist. Dr. Okonkwo is wonderful. Very knowledgeable, approachable, considerate, and gentle. She answered all my questions and listened to me. Her assistant is very friendly and efficient. I was able to get an appointment in a very timely manner.
- I was very satisfied with Dr. Okonkwo. Very professional and knowledgeable. I would recommend her to my friends and family if there is a need for a podiatrist.
- She was great. Very caring and observant. Glad I made the switch to her practice.
- Xiomara Okonkwo was amazing. My daughter is 11 years old and the doctor took the time to explain everything honestly prior to doing the procedure. I recommend her highly.
- Doctor Okonkwo is great. She really listens and provides easy-to-understand explanations. Her staff is personable and efficient.
- Good experience for my first visit. Explained what was wrong and came up with a plan of action to relieve my pain and condition. Looking forward to my follow up with the Dr. next visit.
- Excellent, the doctor was right on time. Also very helpful with her advice on my problem.
Family Medicine, Enfield
- I found Dr. Iqbal to be caring. Offered suggestions to improve/deal with aging issues. Spent a lot of time asking and answering questions.
- Iqbal was amazing. He took plenty of time to listen to me and to understand and finally diagnose me with what I had. I will continue to see Dr. Iqbal as my doctor for he is understanding, kind, and empathetic.
- I had a really positive experience with Dr. Iqbal. I felt judged by past doctors for my medical conditions and weight. He was the first doctor that saw me as a whole person and recommended a workup that actually diagnosed me. Other doctors ignored my labs which he educated me on. He called me back himself! No doctor has ever done that! He has a cheerful personality, had a good bedside manner, and I appreciate his intelligence. I highly recommend him to anyone that wants an excellent doctor. Especially if you’re a person of color and have been discriminated against at past medical offices and by other doctors. He treated me with respect and spent time with me. I would say it’s impossible to find a doctor like him nowadays!
- I transferred all my care over to Starling Physicians and I am being treated by 4 different specialties there. I absolutely love every single physician I have. Starling is finally bringing compassionate patient care back to medicine like it used to be, and not overcharging patients or hitting us with surprise billing like every other medical practice seems to be doing these days. I really hope they expand to more cities and towns across CT. I highly recommend Dr. Muhammed Iqbal (aka Dr Smiley). He is the BEST internal medicine doctor I’ve ever had.
- Very smooth first visit with Dr. Iqbal. The facility was very clean and the appointment was on time. The doctor performed a thorough interview and addressed issues with my prescriptions.
- I was pleased with the pre-surgery physical that Dr. Iqbal performed. He was very pleasant, thorough, and answered all of my questions.
- I had a very good experience with Dr. Iqbal. He was attentive, listened to my concerns, and made me feel comfortable.
- The assistant was very polite and courteous. The doctor listened to my concerns and answered my questions while advising options. Overall very good experience!
- I met with Dr. Mohammad Igbal for the first time!! He was very nice, gave me time to explain how I was feeling & was professional, thorough & made me feel confident in his assessment, as well as what to do to help fully diagnose & treat me.
- He was timely and friendly. I was confident in his plan of action for my issue. I recommend this doctor.
- I saw Dr. Iqbal since my PCP had to cancel my appointment due to an emergency. He was excellent, answering all my questions. I would highly recommend him.
- Warm personable man. My previous doctor changed practices and being that I had gotten on so well with him, I was worried about changing to a new physician. I was immediately at ease with Dr. Iqbal and had a great experience.
- Taken back to the appointment on time. Friendly staff. Dr. Iqbal listened to all my concerns and made great recommendations.
- This was my first time seeing this doctor. Zero wait time! Very personable, great bedside manner & knew my medical back round. Great job!
- Very likable and explains things well that most non-medical professionals wouldn’t understand. I feel very comfortable with my doctor and am happy with my choice.
- I give Starling Physicians 5 stars. Very nice place. The receptionist and doctors were very nice. And gave me exceptional care. Went above and beyond.
Family Medicine, Enfield
- Exceptionally warm, down-to-earth, friendly, and highly knowledgeable. I love that she made me feel cared for and invested in my health as a whole person not only focusing on the numbers. I highly recommend her to anyone especially if you have a hard time communicating or are anxious. She’s intuitive and gives you the space to voice your concerns. She listened to me and treated me with respect. I feel grateful that I finally found the right doctor after almost 20 years of searching!
- Umara Saleem is wonderful! She is very welcoming and caring. Dr. Saleem truly listens to what you have to say, as well as your concerns. My visit with her was very relaxed and comforting. I’m so happy to have found her. My experience at Starling was very professional including staff at the front desk.
- When I went to Starling Physicians yesterday, I had a lot of anxiety about my condition. I felt like I was not making any progress. Dr. Saleem listened to my concerns and prescribed the necessary medications. I left Starling with peace of mind. As I say in all of my comments, LISTENING is so very important.
- I was feeling very poorly when I went to my appointment. Dr. Saleem was very attentive to my concerns and ordered some initial tests. She called the next day with the results of the tests and to ask if I felt any improvement. I was pleased with my care under Dr. Saleem.
- Umara Saleem is by far the kindest, considerate, and most intelligent doctor I’ve had so far.
- Umara Saleem is amazing. She is very caring and takes the time to get to know you and your medical history. I highly recommend her and Starling Physicians.
- Saleem was very nice and patient. She answered all of my questions and addressed any concerns I had. I would highly recommend Dr. Saleem and Starlings Physicians.
- Friendly and professional. I really liked Doctor Saleem She made me feel comfortable and appreciated as a patient. Thanks!!
- Amazing!!! I had such a great experience with Dr. Saleem and the nurse Heather!! They were very caring and knowledgeable and addressed all my concerns. They explained everything in depth and tended to me with great care. I felt supported and safe. Great environment for womxn!! The front desk receptionist was also very helpful, kind, and informative! Looking forward to being a patient at Starling Physicians for a long time 🙂
- Saleem provided the best first visit I’ve ever had at a doctor’s office. She was kind, warm, compassionate, a good listener, and patient-centered – the way all providers should be. I look forward to coming back and continuing care with her.
- I had a great experience with Dr. Saleem. I would highly recommend her. She was very helpful and caring.
- The doctor was awesome she treated me with kindness and with respect and she listened to all my concerns and offered great advice. I look forward to seeing her again. I was so comfortable!
- Thoughtful, great demeanor. Took the time to make sure I felt like I had a part in the conversation about my care and options.
- Extremely knowledgeable and concerned with your problems. Shows compassion and interest. I would highly recommend her to anyone.
- Saleem is by far the best doctor I️ have found in this area, truly so knowledgeable. She is also very caring and really spends the time to listen and help with any health concerns that you bring up. I️ am so thankful she is my doctor.
- Saleem made me feel comfortable from the moment she came in the door. Her positive energy and willingness to work with me made me feel very good especially for an initial visit. She let me talk and answered all the questions I had at the time. I would recommend her to anyone, especially someone who does not do well with change.
- Saleem was very attentive and genuinely listened to our questions and addressed them as we asked. She is a very friendly, caring, and professional doctor.
- It was my first visit, absolutely loved meeting my doctor. This is my third attempt to find a primary care doctor since moving here three years ago.
Thank you to our patients who share your feedback. We value your opinion and appreciate the time you took to share it with us.