Dr. Flora Parvin Welcomes New Patients in New BritainFebruary 3, 2022
Dr. Parvin is a primary care doctor. Below is a short interview where she shares what she enjoys most about being a primary care doctor. She welcomes new patients. Call (860) 329-0401.
What do you like most about being a doctor?
Medicine is like a puzzle with so many different pieces. I enjoy piecing the puzzle together, getting the facts, and digging deep to find out the root cause of issues. My goal is to help my patients live longer, healthier lives.
What made you choose the field of Internal Medicine?
Internal medicine focuses on the total person. It is not just focused on one area such as the heart or kidneys, but touches on all areas and overall health. I love the variety of the field. No two patients are the same.
What do you enjoy about being a primary care doctor at Starling?
For many years I worked in a hospital setting. Patients came in sick, left healthy, and then returned to their primary care doctors and my role was done.
At Starling, I build enduring relationships with my patients and get to spend time getting to know them. In a hospital environment, you don’t have that opportunity.
When should someone see a primary care provider (PCP)?
PCPs play a critical role in overall health. We provide routine screenings, treat illness, identify risk factors, and manage chronic health conditions. If someone is healthy, I recommend they see a PCP once a year. If someone has chronic health conditions such as diabetes or high blood pressure, it is important to be seen several times a year.
What do you do in your spare time?
I live in Newtown, CT with my husband and teenage daughter. It is a farm environment and we have two horses and chickens. I assist my husband with his beekeeping. I really enjoy nature, gardening, and walking.
Where do you see patients?
I have been seeing patients in Southington. However, in July of 2022, I am excited to transition to my new office at 300 Kensington Avenue in New Britain.
Are you accepting new patients?
Absolutely. I look forward to welcoming patients to my practice. Please (860) 329-0401 to schedule a visit. I hope to meet you soon!
Read what patients have to share about Dr. Parvin
- I was very impressed with Dr. Parvin. She listened to what I had to say, checked all papers, and told me she would review them and get back to me. She spoke to my visiting nurse and went over in great detail what she should do for me. It’s very important to me that she listened and explain everything that would change and why. I’m very happy to have such a great doctor taking care of me.
- I was astounded at the level of care. Dr. Parvin’s attention to detail and thoroughness was a throw-back to the days before managed care. Not only am I happy with her care, I feel lucky to have found such a provider.
- She pays attention to every individual problem and provides the solution. She will make you very comfortable during the whole time of your check-up.
- She listened to my concerns and is taking a cautious approach to my health needs. She is working with me to get all the necessary visits and tests completed to ensure my health.
- Dr. Parvin is very attentive, doesn’t rush you. She asks many questions and listens to you. She is thorough and seems very knowledgeable. She truly is polite, respectful, and treats people with kindness
- I give Dr. Parvin 5 stars.
- It was my first consult and she was the best!
- Dr. Parvin was very good at explaining what I needed to do to get better.
- Everything went extremely well. Great communication between the doctor and myself.
- Great. She spent 45 minutes getting to know me. I felt comfortable with her.
- My mom was very happy with Dr. Parvin’s health evaluation and will continue to receive her healthcare by Dr. Parvin. Thank you as she was nervous after her primary care doctor of 40 years had just retired.
- I like doctor Parvin she was very good I think I’ll be all set with her!
- Dr. Parvin is an excellent physician. She is knowledgeable and caring.