Join the Starling Team
Now hiring for the following position. To apply, please e-mail a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst
This position is responsible for managing and administering key financial data management and governance processes that support Starling Physicians’ revenue, operating expense & overhead projection, and management processes. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, performing key multi-platform financial reconciliations, analysis processes, and other various economic maintenance tasks.
The FP&A Analyst will be responsible for reviewing, analyzing, and manipulating large datasets to support the goals of the team. Superior knowledge of data movement, mapping, hierarchy definition and usage are required. Owns monthly and quarterly maintenance activities, including identification and implementation of process improvements.
- Improves financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management.
- Works closely with business partners to identify emerging trends that help drive reports and analytics tool enhancements that enable execution of business.
- Maintains and refines internal process of collecting, manipulating, and analyzing expense allocation data, including validation of expected results from accounting and financial tools.
- Identifies financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Drive & modulate budgeting & forecasting process for multiple departments within the organization
- Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses, studying proposed changes in methods and materials.
- Provides ad-hoc analysis as requested by senior management.
- Identifies and implements process improvements.
- Maintains clear and concise communication with various matrix partners.
Relationships (Reports to, Supervises)
- Reports to Director of Finance.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with all providers and staff.
Qualifications (Education, Experience, Additional Skills & Requirements)
- Background in healthcare preferred.
- 3+ years-experience working in finance, data analysis, healthcare, or similar experience.
- Proven track record of working with groups or teams to implement changes resulting from financial analysis.
- Experience creating financial models using Excel or similar tools.
- Ability to keep organized in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Proven written and communication skills, including training and documentation.
- Keen attention to details and maintaining confidentiality a must.
Working Conditions, Physical Requirements
- May be required to work at any facility based on operational needs, and schedule may vary.
- Potential travel to various practice locations will require ability to drive, valid driver’s license and use of own reliable transportation.
- Physical activity will include walking, standing, and sitting.
- Physical demands may also include speaking and hearing ability sufficient to communicate effectively by phone or in person at normal volumes; vision adequate to read correspondence, computer screen, forms, etc.; and good manual dexterity.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply, please e-mail a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.