Join the Starling Team
Now hiring for the following position. To apply, please e-mail a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position provides advanced administrative support to C-Level executives and directs, Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Finance Team, Chief Information Officer; assists with Human Resource responsibilities. The Executive Assistant provides support such as communications, presentations, and meeting scheduling, as well as additional responsibilities which range from oversight of specific functions and projects to handling the details of meeting set-up, to finish. The position requires flexibility to attend occasional required early or late meetings as needed. This individual will use discretionary judgment in executing responsibilities.
The location will be based in our corporate office in Rocky Hill.
- Maintains accurate calendars with an understanding of prioritizing important deliverables.
- Handles a wide variety of complex and confidential matters.
- Prepares routine and advanced communications, both internally and externally
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, using a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
- Schedules and organizes internal and off-site meetings for senior executives, physicians, Committee meetings and the Board of Directors, including preparing materials, agendas and presentations, arranging for audiovisual or technical support, coordinating meals, and other logistics.
- Schedules and books outside conferences; makes travel arrangements, if necessary, arranges for food/beverages.
- Maintains Minutes of Board and all Committee meetings.
- On occasion transcribes meeting minutes.
- Provides materials from Committee meetings for approval from the Board.
- Prints and collects all Confidentiality Agreements from Board and Committee members at the beginning of the year.
- Compiles all approved minutes at times of audit.
- Collects and prepares materials for annual insurance renewal, files appropriately for future references.
- Maintain library of power points, templates for corporate use.
- Attends required meetings, is available with advanced notice to attend most early or evening meetings as requested.
- Oversees new incoming team hires by ordering supplies; arranging phone set up, computer/printer; works with facilities for office location, etc.
- Receives and reroutes incoming calls to Human Resources and Administration. Assists with problem solving professionally and, when necessary, redirects appropriately.
Relationships (Reports to, Supervises)
- Reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Supports the CEO, CFO and CIO, and other leadership in all accountabilities as above.
- Assists the COO when requested.
- Works closely with the Executive Support Professional to share information and effectively support the Executive Team.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with executive team, co-workers, physicians, and the public.
Qualifications (Education, Experience, Additional Skills & Requirements)
- Associates or bachelor’s degree.
- At least three years’ experience supporting C-Level Executives.
- Combination of training, education, and experience that would provide the required knowledge of abilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Expert knowledge in Teams; virtual meetings, conference scheduling and connection.
- Knowledge of ADP, Contractsafe and DocuSign.
- Excellent professional communication skills.
- Related experience preferred.
- Ability to always work effectively and professionally.
- Ability to set priorities, be organized and be a self-starter.
- Ability to be friendly, empathetic and an adept communicator.
Working Conditions, Physical Requirements
- Requires sitting for long periods of time and working in office environment.
- Some bending and stretching required.
- Working under stress and use of telephone required.
- Manual dexterity required for use of calculator and computer keyboard.
- Incumbent may be required to work at any facility based on operation need, and schedule may vary.
- Travel to various practice locations will require ability to drive, valid driver’s license and use of own reliable transportation.
- Physical activity will include walking, standing, and sitting.
- Physical demands may also include lifting and carrying equipment up to 30 lbs.
- Other physical requirements include speaking and hearing ability sufficient to communicate effectively by phone or in person at normal volumes; vision adequate to read correspondence, computer screen, forms, etc.; and good manual dexterity.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.