Thank you for your patience as we continue to work through technical difficulties. Our phones are now working although there may still be intermittent issues. All offices are open with the exception of New Britain Neurology.
Cosmetic Services Now Available in EnfieldFebruary 13, 2019
Nurse practitioner, Laura Scibelli, now offers aesthetic services at Starling’s Enfield office. She believes in the meaning of ‘BonaVita’ which is the good life which we should all be living. She offers treatments to help her patients look and feel younger – living the good life. Her cosmetic services are provided in a medical office which is equipped to perform injections safe and effectively.
Laura graduated from American International College with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing and worked at Hartford Hospital for four years as a Registered Nurse. She then obtained her Master of Science in Nursing with a focus on Family Nurse Practitioner. She is board certified from the ANCC and recently received certification to inject Botox and dermal fillers.
Laura offers two types of injections which are delivered in a personalized manner at an affordable price:
- FDA-approved to temporarily reduce signs of aging by reducing frown lines, crow’s feet, and forehead lines to provide a more youthful appearance
- Works by relaxing the muscles that cause dynamic wrinkles and giving the face a more relaxed and refreshed appearance
- Injectable treatment derived from purified protein that actually works on the nerve endings and the muscle to prevent the muscle from contracting
- Does not fill facial lines; relaxes them
- Effects usually last 3-6 months, but after several treatments, Botox may begin to last longer
- Slightly more expensive than Dysport but less units per treatment are required
- FDA- approved for temporary improvement in the appearance of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines) in adults under 65
- Clinical studies have shown visible results within 24- 48 hours and can last up to 4–6 months
- Works by blocking the release of a chemical called acetylcholine (which is required in order for a muscle to contract)
- Evidence that Dysport injections may be more effective than Botox with large muscle groups
- Can be more cost effective than Botox as the cost per unit is less: though Dysport requires more units per treatment
It is always important to consider the potential side effects of any medication and equally weigh the benefits and risks. Please note that these services are not covered by insurance.
To schedule an appointment, inquire about pricing, or find out about additional services please call 860-510-7350 or email at: email@example.com.
Click here to learn more about other cosmetic services in Enfield.