Join the Starling Team
Now hiring for the following position. To apply, please e-mail a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Care Management Manager
The Manager of Care Management is responsible for providing administrative and clinical leadership and oversight of the complex case management, condition management, care transitions and care coordination staff. This position is responsible for the daily operations and productivity of staff, daily problem-solving of clinical and operational issues, and the development and revision of policies and procedures in collaboration with the Chief Operating Officer. Relationship building and the ability to effectively communicate with health care venues across the care continuum is imperative to ensure coordinated care.
Leadership and Management
Provides oversight, direction, leadership and mentoring to staff functioning in complex case management, condition management, care transitions and care coordination, ensuring that standards of practice are met during encounters with patients, families/caregivers, community resources. Reviews population health reports, patient care assignments and case load to promote optimal productivity and efficiency. Monitors staff documentation and performance goals and standards.
Establishes, implements, and maintains policies, procedures, and processes to provide for effective and efficient care, condition management, care coordination and care transitions. Conducts regular audits of staff performance against Starling policies, professional rules and laws as governed by CT nursing boards and evidence-based practices.
- Supports Starling’s Population Health initiatives to help improve patient outcomes and reduce unnecessary acute care services.
- Oversees the care management team that supports our patients, providers, community agencies.
- Evaluates patient care data to ensure that care is provided in accordance with clinical guidelines and organizational standards.
- Coach and mentor staff and monitor staffs’ performance to ensure safe and effective patient care and interventions.
- Measures care management program performance and maintains record of data and trends to ensure optimal outcomes and ability to meet goals.
- Facilitates and promotes problem identification, analysis, and resolution.
- Collaborates with COO, Primary Care Medical Director and CM team to develop processes that enhance efficiency and opportunities for professional growth.
- Cultivates relationships with hospitals, physicians, and community agencies to achieve desired patient outcomes.
- Resolves escalated issues through coordination with other departments as necessary.
- Promotes a culture of innovation and empowerment while providing meaningful feedback to support continuous improvement.
- Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility, in collaboration with COO and Medical Director, Primary Care.
- Serves on committees as needed.
- Supports and exemplify Starling’s areas of focus:
- Clinical excellence
- Mindful service
- High quality care with exceptional customer service
- Hiring and onboarding of new employees to Care Management team
- Supervises direct report(s) & other duties as assigned.
Relationships (Reports to, Supervises)
- Reports to Chief Operating Officer
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with providers, managers, other administrative staff, vendors, patients and public.
- Supervises RNs, LPNs, Diabetic Educators. Other possible direct reports as the team expands and grows: Social Workers, Health Coaches, Community Health Workers, Care Coordinators
Qualifications (Education, Experience, Additional Skills & Requirements)
- Required: 5 years of Nursing experience with experience in a management level position highly desired
- Required: Case management experience in a hospital, home health, and managed care setting
- Required: Registered Nurse with active Connecticut license
- Required: BSN; CCM certification highly desired
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of administrative and medical staff and to facilitate the progress of multidisciplinary personnel teams in the pursuit of common goals and objectives.
- Requires knowledge of analytic software including spreadsheet (Excel), database (Access), and presentation (PowerPoint) programs, with strong aptitude for learning additional software.
- Must possess sharp analytical skills and strong organizational skills, have excellent communication skills and have the ability to create clear and articulate correspondence and documents.
- Independent thinking, resourcefulness and excellent problem-solving skills are required.
- Strong analytical, creative, organizational, and interpersonal skills are required as are being hands-on, versatile, and a self-starter.
- Must be a team player comfortable working in a fast-paced organization.
- Must have the ability to teach complex concepts to users at all levels.
Working Conditions, Physical Requirements
- Office environment.
- Incumbent may be required to work at any Starling facility based on operation need, and schedule may vary.
- Travel may be required to various practice locations requiring the ability to drive, a valid driver’s license, and use of own reliable transportation.
- Physical activity will include walking, standing, and sitting.
- Physical demands may also include lifting and carrying equipment up to 30 lbs. or providing physical assistance to patients.
- Other physical requirements include speaking and hearing ability sufficient to communicate effectively by phone or in person at normal volumes; vision adequate to read correspondence, computer screen, forms, etc.; and good manual dexterity.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply, please e-mail a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.